Friday, October 28, 2011

If Only

hello blog peeps!
I worked for 33 years for the US Army as a Federal Civil Servant.  Before that, I worked at odd jobs.  I've been working since I was 18 years old. Every day, Monday through Friday, 8 hours a day.

Not a part-time job.  Not a seasonal job. Not an "on-call" type of job.  No!

Eight hours a day, five days a week.  And let's not talk about the drive time to work and back!

Don't get me wrong!  I'm no different than anybody else who works a "9 to 5," five days a week job. 
But, in a way, I am a little different than most women in the workforce (just a little). 

Even though I've been married all my adulthood, I don't have kids.  BIG DIFFERENCE and I know it.

So here I am working, working, working--my weekends were precious to me. 
I wanted to do what "I" wanted to do on my weekends. 
And, trust me, I didn't want to waste my weekends doing housework, that's for sure.  Can ya feel me?

While I was working, everyday, I was filled with "if only" thoughts.

If only I wasn't working.
If only I had more time.
If only I just had one more day, I could .  .  .
If only the weekends were longer.
If only I could sleep till 9am.
If only I could stay in my jammies all day.
If only Mondays didn't come after Sundays.
If only I didn't have to get up so early.
If only I had more energy after work, I would cook dinner instead of buying something on the way home.
If only I wasn't so tired after work.
If only we could be on vacation.
If only I didn't have to set the alarm every night.
If only I could wake up when I wanted to.
If only I could call in "sick" everyday.
If only I could just stay at home and watch TV.
If only I could just stamp all day.
If only I could just
If only I could
If only I
If only
If

Yes. . . if only.
But. . . be careful what you wish for because you might just get it.

So, please come back as the saga continues
and
remember--
What may be done at any time will be done at no time. – Scottish Proverb
stay thirsty my friends
Yuki

No comments: