Thursday, February 10, 2011

How About MORE Inspiration?

Here's a card I did that I just love. 
First of all, it's purple.  I love purple almost as much as I love red.  I sprayed the plain white card base and sentiment piece with watered down palette reinkers--talk about a quick and easy way to cover "white space"! 
I stamped the purple piece with a background stamp from "Vintage Backgrounds, T-3224, using white ink. 
Made the flower out of regular computer paper (or bond paper).  I sprayed the various layers of flowers with the same watered down palette reinkers, let it all dry, then inked the edges with a black pad.  It's all held together with a rhinestone brad.
Of course, you can substitute the paper flower with a silk flower or anything else that meets your fancy!

Here's a close-up of my sentiment piece.  I just LOVE all the dots and soft splashes of color!  Just LOVE it.   I used the "Bless Your Heart" set, TA-3238.  Just reading the words in this set, makes me happy! 

Here's an up-close look at my paper flower!  El cheapo bond paper becomes a beautiful flower.  Love it!!!

Here's a card I made using "Victorian Charm," T-3421.  I love the artwork in this set, and I especially love this grape girl.

A closer look at her beautiful crown. I added sparkle to it by using the clear Stardust Gel Pen (I don't think I can stamp without this pen!). And I added red stickles to add MORE bling.
You may not have noticed but here are the layers for this card.  I glued a doiley to the black piece.  Then I took a piece of acetate and glue it to the doiley (glued in the center only).
Then I glued my grape girl to the acetate.

Can you see all the layers? 
If you're wondering why I did this--had I glued the grape girl piece to the doiley, I don't think the doiley would have stayed pretty for long.  But with the acetate piece over it, it's now protected AND I love how the acetate makes the whole card SHINE.

Ready for more inspiration?  How's this one?
I think I CASE'd the basic layout of the card from somewhere!!!  It's a GREAT card layout; it would work for so many of the stamps you already have--I just know it!!!! 
For my card, I used "Damask Backgrounder," T-3276, (gosh, I LOVE this set) along the left side. 
For the words and tree, I used one of my favorite sets, "Love & Laughter," T-2981.
What I want to point is something I did that you may not have thought to do.

Take a look at this piece.  Notice the tree? 
The tree wasn't quite large enough for me, so after I stamped it once, I turned the stamp upside down and stamped just the branch part of the stamp, making the tree look taller/bigger! 

So, there you have it!  Some more bits of inspiration for you!  Now, go out there and

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Awesome card Yuki ... Can't wait to see what you do tomorrow

Debra Hensley said...

You Rock, Yuki!! I love all three cards! I can't get enough of that stardust gelly pen either. Love the reinker technique. Great Job!!

Teresa Jenkins said...

They are all great! Love the flower!