Friday, October 17, 2008

Zip Toes


This photo is very blurry and you can barely tell that it's Zip up there in the middle but it is.
He told me that he was going up to the Hurricane Deck and wanted me to take his photo!
Oh my goodness!!!!! This meant that I would have to point my camera directly into the heavy spray of water coming from the falls. It was like tiny water bullets hitting you from all directions.
Well, I was willing to sacrifice my camera to take his photo. He went up to the Hurricane Deck and stood there; I snapped his photo as quickly as I could!
This is the result. Not very good but considering the circumstances, it is GREAT! "I" know it's Zip!
After I took the photo, I now had to get up to the Hurricane Deck myself. The closer I got to the steps to go up, the more I couldn't see. The force of the water coming off the falls was just that strong. It hurt when the water hit your skin, and it was cold too so the only thing I could do was look down. It was quite a long way up and I was getting scared--the force of the water was getting stronger and stronger!!!! I couldn't hear anything but the roar of the falls.
Step by step, up I went! And what do you think I saw!!? No I didn't look up! What I saw was Zip. Not Zip himself but his toes peeking out from his duck sandals!!!!!! I know those toes!!!!!! His toes were waiting for me at the top of the steps. So I released my rather tight grip on the handrail and extended my arm out blindly into the air. Zip grabbed it. I was safe--Zip had me.
Mercy Mother MaCree, it was quite an experience!!!! Totally exhilarating but scary at the same time.

No comments: