Friday, August 29, 2008

El Paso or Bust!


The first stop on our roadtrip was El Paso, TX, to visit my nephew, Trey, (aka Willard A. Nielsen, III! It had been a while since we saw him last so it was really nice to visit with him, his wife, Lizzy, and son Blake.

It's amazing how much Trey looks like my Dad (at least I think so). My Dad didn't have the dark hair but everything else reminds me of him.
After driving for over 9 hours, it was wonderful to kick back and relax, eat dinner, and visit with family.
Our next stop is Quartzsite, AZ, which is another 9 hours of driving. These two legs of our roadtrip -- to El Paso and then to Quartzsite -- are the longest of our entire roadtrip.

Thank goodness!


2 comments:

Lizzie said...

It was so nice to finally meet you two. We had a wonderful time visiting with you, hopefully we'll see you over the holidays.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I can't wait to see you guys and hear all about your adventures!