Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Walk The Sky!!! Never Again!

Do I look like I'm having fun? No!!!! They did have a gift shop (see the bag?), so this trip wasn't a total bust!

But I will NEVER EVER walk on the Skywalk again! It was THE scariest thing I've ever done.
Part of the floor of the Skywalk is glass. It's like NOTHING is there.
The walls of the Skywalk is glass so that too is like NOTHING is there.
You are about 2,000 feet above the Colorado River!

I held on to the railing for my life. I was scared sh*tless! We started our walk on the inside ring of the Skywalk. As we walked (ever so slowly), we were told that we had to get on the outside ring so our photo could be taken.

The guy walked toward me and told me to cross over to the other side. I couldn't do it. I couldn't walk across the part that looked like nothing was there. He saw my terror and told me to walk across on this one beam where I couldn't see down!

I got across to the other side with Zip on one side of me and the guy on the other side, both holding on to me!!!

He took our photo! You know how most times when you see these photographers, you try to avoid them. Well, this time, I WANTED our photo taken, and I was going to buy that sucker no matter how much I had to pay. I didn't care if the photo was good or not! I wanted proof that I was on the Grand Canyon Skywalk!!!

When we got to about the middle of the Skywalk, Zip wanted me to cross back over to the inside ring because there was this lady up ahead and Zip said we had to go around her.

I told Zip that I would just wait for her to move. Well, Zip was insisting that we cross. He told me to just let go of the railing and we could cross over. I tried. I really did try to let go of the railing but I couldn't! Zip took me by my arm and tried to reassure me that I would be okay--just a few steps and we would be across.
I said no no no!!!! I couldn't let go. By now, I was trying to hold back my tears! I was terrified like I've never been before! I was ready to panic. I was ready to jump off the Skywalk just to end this torture. I was ready to yell at the lady to please move so I wouldn't have to cross over!

Just when I thought I was going to lose it with Zip insisting that we cross over, the lady looked back at me and asked me if I was okay. Did I look okay? No, I wasn't okay. I was scared out of my wits. I wanted her to move out of the way so I could make forward progress off this thing.

Thank goodness, she moved her happy butt out of the way!

I did overhear her husband say the same thing to her that Zip said to me--about crossing over. She couldn't do it either. Oh my gosh, it wasn't just me! She couldn't cross over where it looked like nothing was there either!

I don't know how long that walk took us but when we finally got to the end, I was about ready to just die! I didn't see any of the canyon and I was terrified out of my mind. Oh joy!
Zip said we were on it for about 15 minutes; I say we were on it for about 2 days!!!

I don't know if you can see the terror in my face in the photo below but can you imagine me on the Skywalk???? I'm glad I peed BEFORE I went on it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

poor little yuki!