Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Elvis Lives

I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Graceland.
And. . . here I am, standing in front of the gate to Elvis' house.
When Elvis was touring, I never went to see him and that makes me a bit sad.
Nevertheless, I have his records (yes, records) and saw many of his movies!
He is truly the King of Rock and Roll.
How kewl is this?
There is not one inch of empty space on this wall but visitors continue to "write" their messages.

We were here!!!!!!

Me. . . with Elvis!
The lobby of the hotel we stayed in while visiting Memphis! Even our room had Elvis photos on the walls, so I could say, "I slept with Elvis" right?
Okay. . . Elvis Fans! Tell me what TCB means!

We got to go inside the "Lisa Marie"!!!! OMG, what a beautiful plane, inside and outside.
One of the rooms inside his house.


The front of our hotel.
I love this guitar-shaped pool. Our room was behind the umbrella!
On this roadtrip, I was able to cross off so many things on my bucket list--visiting Graceland was one of them. Elvis was truly "one of a kind" and there will never be anybody like him--ever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, love the house, and Elvis too! did you swim in the guitar?
rho

Cindy said...

Yuki, my husband and I toured Graceland at christmas time. They had Graceland decorated with blue lights up the driveway and the silver tinsel trees in the livingroom. So go back sometime around Christmas, as the house is decorated just like when Elvis was alive. He truly was a very generous man, as he gave to many charities, something I didn't know about him.