Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame






While in the Cleveland area, we went to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's right next door almost to the Cleveland Browns' stadium. In case you are NOT a football fan--the Cleveland Browns is a football team. (Didn't they just whop up on somebody tonight? Was it the superbowl champs from last year????? Or was I just dreaming that? And, please don't tell me the Cowboys lost in overtime--please don't.)

Back to the "Rock," as Ohio people call it--I LOVE music. To me, music is a little bit of heaven for my ears and my soul. Being in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I was immersed in music.
It was great fun to watch all the videos in the various rooms and see groups (do you remember Sly and the Family Stone?) from way back when. I especially loved the video showing all the hall of fame inductees from the very beginning to 2007. It went year by year, showing all the singers (doing their THANG--which is singing) and nonsingers who were inducted.
Not only was the music wonderful, bringing back so many memories, but the building itself, inside and outside, is so beautiful. (Had a GREAT gift shop too.)
Cleveland certainly DOES rock!
And in case you are wondering what the heck I'm doing in front of the two guitars--HELLO--I'm playing my bag guitar with a "rocker" like expression on my face. Do I really have to explain everything?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to teach the Red Hots that air guitar move at our next gathering!