Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Alcatraz!






I was so excited to be going to Alcatraz, THE PRISON of all prisons! I LOVE to watch prison movies--bet you didn't know that about me, huh?

I loved the movie, The Birdman of Alcatraz, with Burt Lancaster.
And that movie with Susan Hayward, I Want to Live--what a GREAT prison movie that was. Now, to be going to Alcatraz--wow! I was really really excited.
I booked our tour tickets way way in advance, just to make sure that we were able to go during our visit to San Francisco. They go FAST you know! The photo of me sitting on the floor is solitary confinement! Yuck! Can you imagine spending your days in that cell? No way! The regular cells weren't that much better--very very small.
When you go to Alcatraz, you can get these headphones and take a walking tour of Alcatraz--for free. Well, it's included in your tour price, so you might as well listen and learn something about Alcatraz. The gift shop on Alcatraz is really really super duper kewl. I bought a tin cup from Alcatraz (among other things, of course). The tin cup is a replica, but it's still neato bandito--I love my tin cup!
And even though I thought I looked pretty good in the prison cap (see photo!), I didn't buy one! Like, when would I wear it, yo?????
I still managed to leave a few bucks behind at the Alcatraz gift shop, so I was happy!!!!!

No comments: