Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Road Trip!



Well, our "road trip" adventure is underway! We left on Monday for Roswell NM (to visit the aliens). I've always wanted to go there so why not now?!

On the way to Roswell, we stopped at the Caverns of Sonora. Totally awesome. The tour inside the caves took about 2 hours and we probably walked over 2 miles.

Now, let me tell you something--I am NOT pioneer woman. I don't like camping. I don't want to walk down a path to a community bathroom to do my business! I want a flushing toilet in my room. My idea of "roughing it" is a bad Holiday Inn. Am I making myself clear????

And the only way I would EVER go into a cave is if I don't have to crawl on my belly to do it. I don't want to get all muddy. I don't want to be in the dark. I don't want critters crawling on me! I want a nice path for me to walk on without getting my shoes all muddy! I want lights to show me the way.

So with that said, this "cave' stop was what our bodies needed. To walk 2 miles did our body good. But inside the cave, it was rather humid. My bangs were totally messed up--no more curl, that's for sure!

I'm thinking that the next cave I go exploring in needs to have air conditioning maybe!

We were given a bunch of facts about the cave but I really don't remember all of them. Some that I do remember are:
the caves are family-owned.
it's a living cave.
spelunking tours are available (but not for me that's for sure!)
formations are probably millions of years old.
known for its "popcorn" formations.
we went down to a depth of 155 feet--hmmmm, maybe elevators would be good thing too. :}
Stay tuned for more photos!
Yuki

No comments: